Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day gifts I made tonight





I hope none of the Moms in my world read this before Sunday! I made these adorable little pocket purses from the pattern by Monica Solorio-Snow in the Fall 2008 Quilts n More magazine. I have made so many of these cute purses - they're like potato chips, once you make one, you just can't stop.

The ladies in my drop in group really loved these, and asked if I would have a class at Thimble Creek to teach this. I will ask Monica if that would be okay with her. Really though, they are soooooo easy.

Oh, and I dropped off this quilt top at the quilter's - Quilter's Studio in San Carlos. This is Swanky Peeps, cuz I made it with Moda Swanky - a jelly roll of that cute fabric, and then if you look in the center, I made two little "peeps" in honor of my favorite non-chocolate candy. The polka dot is a fabric by Lakehouse, I think.

I picked up my finished Mary Engelbreit friends quilt, but I am waiting to post a photo until I get the binding on - so give me five or six months. ha ha.

I hope all of the Moms out there get a nice day of rest and adoration. Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Pati Fried said...

The purses turned out fabulous! Lucky Moms!