What a month it has been! My oldest son is graduated, registered for college and moved out (sort of - his room here still has a lot of stuff in it). My youngest son is enjoying the lazy days of summer. He and I just went to Universal Studios Hollywood for a few days - I went to a conference and he went to to the amusement park with a friend. It was a nice little getaway.
Sewing, you ask? Oh, yes, I have sewed a bit. I made two large, piped, square bed cusions for my niece's daybed, two smaller pillows, and a neck roll pillow. I am proud of how they turned out. Zippers, custom made piping and all. Now I just need to do the bedskirt and a simple quilt. woo hoo! I have also made some random purse things and placemats, and I am *this* close to finishing the melon quilt. Hopefully, I will get to finish it this weekend.
Rachelle, who writes one of my fave blogs ever, Craft Rage, (see sidebar) has gifted me with 3 lovely patterns from her vast collection. All in my size, and so mod and chic, that I am going to try to whip one of the dresses up for the fourth of july. We are going to an outdoor concert and I think a chic retro dress will be perfect. Thanks Rachelle!!!
I know I have been remiss in posting pictures lately. I see that I keep promising. Alas, I don't have my camera with me right now, so I will try ONCE AGAIN to get on and post tonight.
In the meantime, enjoy these 6 unspectacular quirks about me, that I have been tagged by Alison at My Little Stitching Corner to provide:
1. I do not like tomatoes, yet I like ketchup, salsa and tomato sauce.
2. I cannot stand anything between my toes. No flip flops, no pedicure sponge thingies, no toe-rings. Freaks me out. I have considered having my nerve endings numbed so I can wear all those cute shoes!! ha ha.
3. I don't like gorey movies, but I watch reality medical and crime shows like Trauma Life in the E.R. and 48 Hours. And I love watching MMA (mixed martial arts) fighting, like UFC. My husband thinks its funny that I can't stomach fake gore, but the real stuff doesn't bother me. He is the opposite.
4. I spend a crazy amount of money on stationery and organizational supplies that I don't really use very well. I am terrible about sending actual written notes, and my stuff is not that organized.
5. I hate to be barefoot, except when I am sewing, then I cannot wear shoes. ???
6. I have recurring dreams about a house that I redecorate over and over. I have never been to that house in real life, nor do I ever redecorate the house I actually live in, nor do I always really like the way I decorate the dream house. I attribute this to the fact that I watch HGTV way too much.
That's it! So now I get to tag the next! And, the rules are:
Link to whoever tagged you
Mention the rules
List 6 unspectacular quirks about you
Tag 6 folks by linking to your post.
I will now tag:
Mar at Pincushion Diaries
Rachelle at Craft Rage
Mary Anne at Moonbeams in a Jar
Miss Kitty at Moonbeams in a Jar
Amanda at Busy Little Quilter
Pam at PamKittyMorning
Hope you all will play along!