Sunday, April 27, 2008

Let's Review.

I made a zippered pouch from this tutorial. OMG, how much fun is that! Thanks to Lisa for directing me there!


Hey, who is that peeking out?? Little Miss Thang!

Speaking of which, my friend Carol and I had a quilt-a-palooza last Friday, stayed out till 2 am. WOO HOO!! I know how to party, my friend! Here are our funky Janomes:

My lilliputian Lulu is working on SWELL:
She sews a fine seam, but she is LOUD.
While Miss Carol's HK machine (no name??) was hard at work making Carol's very first quilt!!
Wow, chicas, this girl is FAST. one day, one quilt. You go girl. (I haven't told her about borders, basting, walking feet, darning feet and binding yet . . . hee hee.)
Carol loves Fourth of July (well, all Holidays!) and this is going to be a mighty fine table topper.

I also finished the quilt top for Hella Pink. I like it. I confess that I don't love it like I thought I would. I do love that it is done, and it is cool that there are no fabric repeats in the interior of the quilt, and that I got the fabric at quilt stores all over the state whenever we would travel, but it is just not as wow as I thought it would be. I dunno. Plenty of other projects to love.


Anyhoo, now I just need to yup, baste it, quilt it, bind it. Thanks to Amanda Jean who gave me the inspiration to finish it!






Speaking of Amanda Jean, I started her quilt-a-long. Go check it out. Looks like fun. Can't wait to see everyone's results. Here is my block number one:

ok, I am trying another pink quilt. This one is softer, though. Maybe I will like it more.
Gotsta getta sewin,
Kristin

5 comments:

Mar said...

WOOOHOOO CAROL!! Great first quilt! The pink awesome too, and I'm lovin the swell.

Amanda Jean said...

your block looks great! i love that pink fabric!

Allison said...

I really like your pink quilt!
Your block looks great too. I need to post a picture of mine.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a better way to spend the evening! That first quilt is a stunner too!

SewAmy said...

I look the fabrics you are using for you quilt along block. beautiful.