Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shop Hop results!



I Loved the March Madness Shop Hop! I made it to 16 of 20 shops. Almost all were new to me. Each one had such a different personality. I made some new favorites, found a great place to drop off one of my quilt tops for quilting - I will post about that once I get the quilt, and of course, I blew all of my loot gathering up wonderful fabrics, notions, tools and patterns. Also I met Mar of the blog Pincushion Diaries. I hope we get to do a shop hop together soon!! What more could a girl ask for?




Oh, and I have been productive! I have already completed a quilt top, all from finds from my trip. I got a charm pack of Mary Engelbreit squares here, (one of my new faves!!) and some perfect just barely off-white for the sashing at a store in San Jose (that has no website), and the blue field with cherries for the posts here, and then the center panel here (which is funny because I had already cut and sewn the charm squares, the sashing and posts before I even bought the center panel, yet I "made it work" - as he would say). It is now 50 inches square,




but I bought a couple of more fabrics from Cloth Carousel in Winters (no website either!) that I thought I would use for borders, but now I am not sure I want borders, I may just use them for backing. . . what do you think? would you put any or all of these as borders or not??

I have a house guest this week. My adorable 7 and three-quarters years old nephew is visiting from Arizona. We are having so much fun. He is even sewing and helping me quilt. I don't think I will get a lot done this week, but I will have fun doing it! He thinks I am a great quilter - loves to sit on my lap while I "draw" flowers all over the quilt with the thread. He controls the auto. thread cutter when I say, "now" But he also thinks I am a great singer, so one can't really trust his endorsement of my quilting skills. My new LuLu machine is due to arrive tomorrow! yippee skippee, so I am looking forward to letting him try that one out. More later, but now I have a date with a certain small fry and a radio-controlled car that is a replica of my real car! see ya!

6 comments:

Lisa Boyer said...

How fun to have met Mar from Pincushion Diaries on your hop! That sounds like so much fun. Love your red and blue fabrics--and love the little Mary quilt. You got it done so fast!!

Mar said...

It was a joy to meet you! and listen girl, if we go on a hop together we are taking YOUR ride! LOL!
Your Mary quilt is too cute, you certainly whipped that together quickly. Have fun with your nephew!

Unknown said...

Wow, I have fun perusing your blog! You definitely have had lots of fun lately. I love all the fabrics and sundries you acquired during your shop hop. I will be back to visit soon!

Lisa Boyer said...

Hee hee.."Bingo Wings." I've been laughing all day about that....

Anonymous said...

Dah... I see it now! I love your Mary E quilt! Too, too cool!

16 shops... I'm pooped just reading that! And envious too. :o)

Anonymous said...

I just clicked on your "my real car" link. OMG... I'm have a Magnum too! Well... HAD. As hard as it was, I traded my beloved 2005 Maggie in for a new Toyota Highlander. It's just more practical for where I live.

And now I'm sad. Enjoy your Maggie! PS... Mine was midnight blue. Loved it.